Bluetooth audio devices are not supported by PS 4 because sony wanted gamers to enjoy the good quality sound without lagging. For this, it was essential to inhibit Bluetooth audio devices.
However, some alternatives enable you to pair these devices. Let us discuss them one by one.
Why Are Bluetooth Audio Devices Not Supported By PS 4?
After a few days of its launch, Sony announced that Bluetooth audio devices are not supported by PS 4. A2DP, which is the acronym of advanced audio distribution profile, is incompatible with them.
With its stereo sound quality can be distributed between two deceives with the help of Bluetooth. But sony did this all for better experiences of gamers because, with A2DP, lag is 100-200ms. You must know that how it will lose the sound quality.
This change becomes a problem for some people, and gamers started finding their solution and designed many solutions; let us discuss them one by one
Solution 1: Compatible Bluetooth Devices
Many Bluetooth devices are compatible with them but not all, so whichever devices you want to use connect it with the game console. However, if you are not sure, you can perform the following steps to know your headset compatibility.
- First of all, turn on your Bluetooth and get ready for paring.
- Then open the setting of the game console and from it choose the devices.
- Now a list of Bluetooth devices will appear from them; choose your headphones.
Play the game; if they are compatible, the sound starts coming, so enjoy the game with good audio quality. However, if you receive messages like this
- PS4 does not support Bluetooth devices.
- Cannot connect the Bluetooth devices within the time limit.
Then do not try again; both devices are compatible with each other. There are many other alternative ways you can use, for example, by using an audio cable, dongle, USB adapter, etc.
Solution 2: Try Audio Cable With An Inbuilt Microphone
Although you cannot directly connect Bluetooth devices with the game console, you can do so with the help of certain additional tools. For example, in this method, you need an audio cable having an inbuilt microphone.
Such cables are available with many headphones, and you can buy them from Bazar. For a complete process, follow the given step-by-step guideline.
- Connect the Bluetooth headset with the game console with the help of an audio cable having inbuilt microphones.
- Now turn on the headphones.
- Open setting of game console, then open devices and from them chose Bluetooth devices.
- From the pop-up list of devices, choose your headphones.
- Now click the devices and then audio devices.
- Then press the icon of output devices.
- Then choose the headphones connected to the controller.
- Now open the volume setting and adjust it according to your wish.
- Click on output to the headphone.
- Choose all audio.
- In the end, check whether your headphone is working or not.
However, this method works almost for all; if you face any issue, let us discuss another solution to this problem without wasting time.
Solution 3: Use a USB Adapter
Many people claim that a USB adapter works for them so let us try these methods; however, if you do not have a USB adapter, invest in a high-quality adapter as soon as possible. The steps are following.
- Insert the USB adapter in the USB slot of the gaming console.
- Turn on the Bluetooth
- Now go to the setting of the console.
- Open devices and choose audio devices.
- Now click output devices
- After that, choose a USB headset.
- Now open the volume setting and adjust according to your will.
- Choose output to headphones.
- Select all audio.
- Now check whether your headset is working or not.
There is no surety that this method will work or not; however, if it worked, then it is good. However, if you are enabled to pair these devices, we have another solution that I think is the easiest of all the methods mentioned above.
Solution 4:Use A Dongle
Bluetooth audio devices are not supported by PS 4, so if you have a dongle and wireless microphone, you must try this method. Following are the steps.
- Insert the wireless mic in the PS4 controller.
- Now insert a Bluetooth dongle in the USB slot of the PS 4.
- There is a button on the dongle press it for turning on the dongle.
- Turn on the pairing mode of the headset.
- Within few seconds, both devices will be paired.
- Now open the setting of PS 4
- Click on the devices and then open audio devices.
- Choose the option of input devices.
- Click on the headset connected to the controller.
- Click on output devices.
- Now press the option of a USB headset.
- Click on the volume control and adjust it.
- Click on output to headphones.
- Then chose all audio
- Now it’s time to check whether your headphones are working or not.
Although it is a longer process than others, it has most chances of working, so regardless of Bluetooth audio devices are not supported by PS 4, you can pair them, enjoy yourself, and there is no need to invest in other expensive devices.
Bluetooth devices are not supported by PS 4; this problem urged gamers to find alternative ways to pair them by using external tools. So 4 alternatives are discussed above, which have worked for most people.
If you are facing any issue in pairing them feel free to ask in the below comment section. Thank you for visiting us!
Mark James is the Editor-in-Chief and the lead writer of Headphones Reviewss. Having more than 10 years of experience in reviewing headphones and music-related accessories, he knows all the bells and whistles that any music lover wants. Not only that, he is responsible for guiding and mentoring the editorial team at Headphones Reviewss. The best thing is, he ensures that all the information on this site is valuable before publishing.